Father with children working on laptop computer at home

At the time of divorce, parents will have a court order that provides for a custody and parenting plan. Certainly, as children grow and situations change, there may be small changes occurring that both parties can agree to without going back to court and having a contested proceeding or changing the original order. I encourage you to continue to remain flexible and to communicate as best you can to accommodate the children’s and the parents’ changing needs.

However, there may come a time that both parties cannot agree to a requested change made by one of the parties. That may necessitate re-litigating and formally, by court ordered, changing your current plan. This is referred to as a post-judgment modification of the court order. If this type of situation occurs at some point, you should consult with a competent, skilled, family law attorney.

Judith Goldberg is an experienced attorney practicing divorce and family law in the state of Connecticut. Please contact The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg to set up a free initial consultation.

Judith Goldberg, Attorney & Mediator.   Connect With Judith

© 2017 Law Offices of Judith Goldberg - 36 Mill Plain Road, Suite 307 Danbury, CT 06811 - THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared by The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This website constitutes Attorney Advertising. Website managed by ClickVantage, Inc.