collegeYour obligation today for contributing to your children’s college education is dependent upon your divorce judgment. If, in your divorce judgment, it provided a resolution and a formula for the contribution to college, then follow that order. If it did not, the issue at hand would be did you retain the jurisdiction of the court to deal with that issue at a later time? If that is a part of your divorce decree and you cannot reach an agreement with your former spouse, you can file an application, a motion to the court, to have that decision determined.

If, in the alternative, you did not retain the jurisdiction of the court, and your divorce decree is silent with respect to allocating responsibility for these finances, you have no recourse. Your only alternative is to reach an agreement with your former spouse in this regard.

Judith Goldberg is an experienced attorney practicing divorce and family law in the state of Connecticut. Please contact The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg to set up a free initial consultation.

Judith Goldberg, Attorney & Mediator.   Connect With Judith

© 2017 Law Offices of Judith Goldberg - 36 Mill Plain Road, Suite 307 Danbury, CT 06811 - THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared by The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This website constitutes Attorney Advertising. Website managed by ClickVantage, Inc.