stopped paying child support

When a custody agreement is made, there is an expectation that the non-custodial parent will show up and spend time with your child. However, this is unfortunately not always the case. While you are required by law to abide by your court agreement, the other parent may unfortunately choose to ignore their chance to spend time with their child. Technically, the other parent doesn’t have to attend visitation. They have been granted the option to do so and whether or not they show up is up to them. You do, however, have the legal responsibility to make the child available in the event that the other parent decides they want to show up to the agreed upon location to visit the child.

Many parents hope that they can still maintain a relationship with their child even after a divorce or separation but that is not always the case. Eventually, you may become frustrated with the other parent and want to give up on your visitation agreement. As much as you may want to do this, you are legally responsible for following your court order. Every situation is different so you should speak with an experienced family law attorney if you have further questions about the specific circumstances regarding your case.

Judith Goldberg, Esq. is a family law attorney that serves the greater Connecticut area with quality legal services. If you need an attorney to guide you through your legal matter, contact The Law offices of Judith Goldberg.

Judith Goldberg, Attorney & Mediator.   Connect With Judith

© 2017 Law Offices of Judith Goldberg - 36 Mill Plain Road, Suite 307 Danbury, CT 06811 - THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared by The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This website constitutes Attorney Advertising. Website managed by ClickVantage, Inc.