The court system in Connecticut will often create court orders for matters of family law that should always be abided. However, there are also always going to be those who fail to comply with court orders and create more trouble for all involved. Some of the situations for which a court order would be enforced may be for child support payments, custody, visitation rights, spousal support payments, and more.

Many times when an ex-spouse fails to make any of the payments that were agreed upon or ordered during the divorce settlement, the other party is encouraged to reach out and talk with their ex to try and work out the problem. However, when relations between two former spouses aren’t on the best of terms, they may not cooperate and continue to ignore the court order. If this is not successful, you can take the matter to a judge. If this is the case, you will want to file a motion that simply asks the judge to enforce the court order. This is known as a Motion for Contempt and it is simply a person stating that their ex-spouse is blatantly disobeying the court order. The court will then do what it can to ensure the person in question makes the payments that are part of the court order.

If you have any questions about what you can do if your ex-spouse is disobeying the agreement made during your divorce, you should speak with your divorce and family law attorney so they can assess your situation and walk you through the process.

Judith Goldberg, Esq. is a family law attorney that serves the greater Connecticut area with quality legal services. If you need an attorney to guide you through your legal matter, contact The Law offices of Judith Goldberg today and we would be happy to assist you.

Judith Goldberg, Attorney & Mediator.   Connect With Judith

© 2017 Law Offices of Judith Goldberg - 36 Mill Plain Road, Suite 307 Danbury, CT 06811 - THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared by The Law Offices of Judith Goldberg for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This website constitutes Attorney Advertising. Website managed by ClickVantage, Inc.